Louisa County Seized Horses
- MPORTANT SFES TATEMENT. PLEASE READ.
1. SFES is not a decision maker and has no authority or resources to feed horses for others.
2. We do not accept equine that are not in dire need. We can only accept "surrendered" horses if the owner, or those who have them, surrender them.
3. We cannot respond to specific comments because these are criminal cases that will adjudicated.
4. Whatever you've been told, or you believe, WE DO NOT ACCEPT HORSES UNLESS THEY ARE IN DIRE NEED. Yes, I know I'm repeating myself.
5. We work 12+ hours per day to ensure that medications are administered and the horses are rehabilitated. Kind citizens donating hay and feed, lessen the costs to the county and help us.
6 SFES is 100% volunteer, there is no money making here.
7. Bill and I own the sanctuary and cover 60% of all costs. That's over $35K a year. We believe in this endeavor and work hard to make it work. With the help and support of the community, we're succeeding even in this serious situation.
8. I know some of you are friends of the owners and this is hard. I encourage you not to judge and let this situation resolve itself in the courts. You only know what you think you know. We certainly do not judge and believe in the system to resolve all. The horses need us and our attention.
9. WE, at SFES, are just the care givers and are distressed by negative comments about us, our volunteers or the hard working Louisa County Authorities that try so hard to do the right thing. We are so appreciative of those that help us with feed, hay and volunteering that sometimes I actually cry.
10. Finally, this page is not a community finger pointing resource. We assure you that our Animal Control Officers and County Authorities always do all they can to assist owners and do not seize horses unless multiple steps have been taken.
WE'RE JUST TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING HERE! WE LOVE THIS COMMUNITY. PLEASE SUPPORT! PLEASE DON'T FIGHT.