?frequently asked questions ?
- WHERE DID Y'ALL COME FROM? I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A HORSE RESCUE IN LOUISA? We've only been in existence since May 2016. We're a rescue, but also a sanctuary. Some of our horses will be with us for life due to injuries or medical conditions. They're wonderful horses but it's likely that no one would want to adopt them.
- WHERE DO THE HORSES COME FROM? Our residents are either seized (Animal Control Officer action) or surrendered by folks who know that they can no longer care for their horses.
- DO YOU ADOPT THEM OUT? We do. We've had 4 successful adoptions as of July 207 which, we think, is pretty good for a new organization.
- ARE YOU PRIVATE OR NON-PROFIT. We are a registered non-profit organization.
- CAN I DONATE? Yes, you can. You can help in many ways. Check out the "HOW YOU CAN HELP" section of this website. You can donate with paypal or debit or credit card. You can also sponsor horses. Adopt.... and/or volunteer
- HOW CAN I VOLUNTEER? Volunteering is easy. Just let us know you want to and complete the information request on the Volunteer page *under "HOW YOU CAN HELP". We'll coordinate times and projects with you or just come visit. We're here 95% of the time, but check-in with us just in case we have to go rescue or deliver a horse.
- WHO IS IN CHARGE? Rhondavena LaPorte is our Executive Director but we have a Board of Directors that guides and helps SFES succeed.